- HSQLDB - how to install and create a database
- A very simple example - a simple console application for testing the database
- Java Server Pages - old school JSP, i.e. ugly and not the way to do it
- JSTL - using a tablib cleans up the JSP
- Using a Bean - splitting the code into a Bean
This is all very simple stuff, for a large (enterprise) project you should use some kind of framework (e.g. Webwork or Struts) and the database calls shold use pools and some abstraction (I like iBATIS)... hmmm I kinda need to write a conclusion.